Original Goal... I did it!



I hit goal once... I CAN do it again!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

So today is a day to think about the past and the future...

It is totally my BIRTHDAY!  I know there are a couple of other band"stars" out there who share this day with me and to you I wish a wonderful day to you also! 

It being my birthday and less than a week until Bandiversary, I have really spent a lot of time thinking about this past year.  On my birthday last year we were on a mini vacation and I was on my pre-op diet.  That wasn't a fun trip, but was it worth it???  HELL YES!  I would have never thought that I would have been as successful as I have been this year.  If you could have told me on my last birthday that next year I would have dropped from a size 20 to a 4, I would have thought you were on crack.  I didn't believe that it could happen to me. 

It DID happen to me, because I MADE it happen and I am so glad that I did.  I feel amazing. I look amazing.
What could be better? 

I have realized as I have poked through pictures that I spent too much time fat.  I wasted so many of my years making excuses for myself when I should have just taken control.  I feel 10 years younger now.  It is amazing.

This year also met me with the hardest challenge I have yet to face in my life...  the loss of my dear brother.   I have been adjusting to life as an only child, but I miss him terribly.  His passing has changed more about me than the weight loss.  I live life to the fullest everyday now.  I do not wait until it is a better situation to do things I want to do.  Waiting is not in the cards for me anymore.  Life is too short to wait until you have more money, or lose 10 lbs, or the sky is bluer. 

The next year will be an adventure for me.  We are living life and moving on.  The kitchen remodel is going well.  We are still waiting on a few cabinets that are ordered to come in before we can move on further.  It is looking AWESOME!  Maybe, just maybe, I might just want to cook now.  I realized that this kitchen was so dysfunctional, that I just didn't want to spend any time in there.  I used to love to cook. 

Well I have rambled enough now.  I am working on my one year post with all kinds of pictures and such.  I will get that posted next week!

12 comments:

Rhonda said...

Happy birthday! :) Glad you're living life in the moment more now, it's going to be so worth it!

-Grace- said...

Happy birthday, birthday buddy!

Lyla said...

Happy Birthday! What a bittersweet reflection of your year-- it certainly brought gains and losses of all kinds but it sounds like you're coming out the other side happy and hopeful. I'm glad :)

Barbara said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY..
And wow.. what a transition you have made.. super congrats.. you are a band star!!! You must feel like a million bucks.. so kudos to you

Jen from Oregon said...

Happy Birthday!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday, Heather!

~*Dawn*~ said...

Happy Birthday!

Something About Kellie said...

Happy birthday!

Unknown said...

happy birthday!!!!

Kiwigirl said...

Wishing you a very happy belated birthday. I hope the year ahead brings everything you wish for, and more!

MandaPanda said...

Happy Birthday! Here's hoping this year is one of your best!

Beth Ann said...

What an inspirational post, Heather! I'm so glad you are feeling so good. May the coming year be your best yet!

Post a Comment