Original Goal... I did it!



I hit goal once... I CAN do it again!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Date night tonight!

So my Valentine's gift from my husband was a date tonight.  We haven't been on a date since my daughter was born in November 2008.  Babysitting has been an issue for us and we no longer have any family in the area.  My husband has arranged all of this himself.  I am excited.

I went on Wednesday and got my fill back that I had taken out in January.  I have calmed down a bit and started eating... and eating... and eating!  Finally, after I ate everything in my desk at work one day, I called my surgeon's office and they got me in 2 days later!  Thank goodness.  I am not having the trouble with this fill level like I was last time.

I am having issue with something though and I don't know how to deal with it.  I feel like I may be falling into a depression.  I haven't had the desire or energy to spend any "quality time" with the hubby lately.  I spend most of my time sitting in a chair where a month ago, I would have been exercising.  I don't know what is up with me.  I have been avoiding talking to my mother too much as I am afraid I will slip and tell her I am coming to visit next weekend, but I don't think that is it.  I just feel down.  Maybe a stage through this process?  I do have a question for you all though.  I want to buy my mother a grief book to take her when I go out to visit next weekend.  Any suggestions?  I have her some other things too, but this she really needs.  Well time is up for my computer time this morning.  I need to go and get ready for work.  Juvenile Delinquents will be waiting today!!!  No school so I am BUSY!  Have a great one!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Have fun on your date tonight! Sorry I don't have any suggestions for a book, but I'm sure anything you get her will be perfect. :)

Amanda said...

I don't have a good book idea! But I am sure there are a few other ladies that will!

Your date night sounds wonderful..can't wait to hear about it~

About feeling down, I really feel like you managed all of the grief so well over the last few months. You were the strong one. Now just maybe your time for a little down-ness. YOu are aware of it and that is a really good start I think!

LDswims said...

It is a stage and it sucks but it's necessary.

A good book I'd recommend, off the top of my head is

http://www.amazon.com/Grief-Grieving-Finding-Meaning-Through/dp/0743266293/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298048630&sr=8-1

I have another I like on my shelves at home but I need to doublecheck the title and author. I'll send it over the weekend.

Hang in there. Grief is a long process and just when you think you are moving on, there's a setback. When I lost my mom, I was still dealing with it five years later - although not nearly as much as within the first six months. Whatever is going on - let yourself. If sitting in your chair is what feels right, then don't beat yourself up for that. That's what I've learned....

Beth Ann said...

I can't imagine what you are going through and I wish I had some wisdom to pass on. I do hope you have a lovely and fun date!

Post a Comment