Original Goal... I did it!



I hit goal once... I CAN do it again!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Question about ports and pain...

I have been stepping up my exercise quite a bit.  On Friday last week, my stomach started to hurt some right where my port is located.  I can palapate my port and feel it.  It was like a pulling, tugging feeling.  The only way that I can describe it is like the round ligament pain in pregnancy.   Anyway, back to the story...  I hurt a bit all weekend, but wrote it off as the extra exercise that I had been doing.  We went for the bike ride this weekend and it didn't hurt.  Tonight, I tried to do my cardio tape again.  As I was trying some jumping jacks, I had to turn off the tape and stop.  It felt like the port was bouncing up and down inside me.  Very disturbing feeling!  It doesn't hurt constantly, but occassionally if I move a certain way it hurts.  Any ideas?  I am afraid it has come undone or flipped or something.  Of course, I overdramatize too...  HELP!

6 comments:

TJ said...

According to my doc the way he puts the port in it is nearly impossible to flip or pull it out after your tissues fully heal (6-8 weeks). Each doc can put it in differently, but from what I hear from others it is more likely that you pull a muscle nearby. The muscles there are not used to all the exercise (in most of us) and that can result in easier injury - plus we are very aware of that part of our body b/c of the port.

Hopefully taking it easy will cause it all to go away, but of course if it doesn't a call to the doc is the way to go.

Linda said...

I was doing yoga awhile back and had a lot of port pain and was sure I'd flipped it or something. eventually it felt better, but I think it;s just easy to tweak it.

Nella said...

it has to do with working your stomach muscles...it gets better!

Cindylew said...

I had severe port site pain from day 8 through day 28 post op. Eventually it went away.
Hang in there.

Michelle said...

I had real bad pain like that in the beggining my doctor told me it was the muscles. Hang in there it should go away if you are seriosuly concerned you could always call your doctor.

Christine said...

If you can grip and wiggle your port, then there's a good chance that it's become dislodged. If you can't "grip it," then what you're feeling is probably just your abs getting a workout!
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net

Post a Comment