Original Goal... I did it!



I hit goal once... I CAN do it again!

Friday, December 10, 2010

I can't even muster a catchy title

I posted yesterday about my 6 month bandiversary and how much better I felt.  I look good, I felt good, all was going well for me.  About an hour or two after that post, my world came to a crashing halt.  Please bear with me as I type this out. 

I was very tired yesterday morning.  I went to work because I had a client coming in and I hate to cancel.  After a long conversation with my mother on the phone it was decided that I would leave work at 10am to go home and get some rest.  She did however ask me to stop by my brother's house as he hadn't called her back.  This happened often, she is just overbearing sometimes.  I left work and drove to my brothers.  When I arrived I knew there was a problem.  At that moment my phone rang again, my mother, my brother was dead.  The police were already there as my cousin who was his roommate had found him this morning.  I just happened upon the scene.  Heartbroken doesn't even begin to describe my feelings right now.  He was 30.  They are saying that he died in his sleep.  Possibly sleep-apnea.  Autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow. 

This does however give me another fight at obesity.  My brother was 5'9 and probably weighed 325-350.  He battled his weight all of his adult life.  He was watching me very closely and wanted to look into the band when he got a job with health insurance.  He had battled depression brought on my many things.  His weight was one of them.  He was not married and did not have children.  That upset him too.  I will miss my only sibling greatly, but I totally understand now that obesity is nothing to mess around with. 

Sunday I found out I am going to be a grandma.  Wednesday, my mother in law had a mild heart attack, and how this.  My parents are on the long drive home.  My husband has been better than I could have ever imagined in helping me cope.  If I disappear for a little while you will understand why.  I may however need to type out some feelings.  If that is the case, please bear with me...
RIP Bill, I love you.


41 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh Heather, I can't imagine your pain. I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Justawallflower said...

I am so sorry for ur loss. Thoughts and prayers are with u and ur family.

Rachel said...

Heather, I'm so very sorry. I'm sending out virtual prayers and thoughts to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry for you and your parents. You know, I have read that people could die from sleep apnea, but I never heard it happened to anyone. God bless you.

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness Heather, my heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry.

Blossom said...

Wow, what a terrible week, I am so sorry for everything you are going through....take care of yourself.

Robin said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Heather.

-Grace- said...

I am so sorry, Heather. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you and your family.

Annie said...

Heather, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so, so, sorry for your loss.

Jen said...

I am so sorry Heather. My heart goes out to you.

Caroline said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

MandaPanda said...

I am so so sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my heart and prayers.

Rhonda said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, sweetie. I've been in your shoes - and it's completely heartbreaking. Remember to take care of yourself during this time, and don't keep your emotions inside. *hugs*

Angela said...

I am so sorry for your sad news. I am praying for you and your family. We are hear for you.

Lap Band Gal said...

I am so sorry for your loss...hang in there. {{HUGS}}

Sumer said...

I am so sorry for your loss. ((HUGS))

Liz said...

Heather, I'm so sorry to hear this. Please know you are in my thoughts (and the rest of your extended banded family as well).

Alison said...

I'm so so so sorry Heather. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Catherine55 said...

Heather, I am so sorry to hear this. I hope that you are doing as well as possible under the circumstances.

LDswims said...

OMG, Heather, I am so sorry to hear this! You and your family are all in my thoughts and prayers. Please feel free to use this blog to help you deal with the emotions - and if you ever feel the need to vent but want to do so quietly, please feel free to use me. I am here for you! ldswims0808@gmail.com

Violinist with a Band said...

I just started following your blog, but I just wanted to let you know that I am reaching out to you and sending so many thoughts toward you and your family :-(

Silverhairedgoddess said...

Oh my dear, I am so very sorry -

I can't even begin to know how much pain you must be feeling ... just know that my thoughts are with you on this sad occasion.

Libby said...

So very sorry for your loss. Be good to yourself.

Sandy said...

My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for your loss. How tragic.

Jen said...

Heather, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jen said...

Heather, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Linda said...

Heather, I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care, my thoughts are with you.

Kristen said...

Heather- I am SO sorry to read this, I've been anway and hadn't been reading blogs and just received your challenge weigh-in email. You have my email if you ever need to talk, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now.

TnT said...

Heather, I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your entire family. That is so tragic and really hits home for all of us dealing with our weight. Again, I'm so sorry and you know we'll be here when you need us. *hugs*

Dinnerland said...

Oh Heather, I am SO sorry.. please come on and post when you can so you can get continued support.
What a terrible and shocking loss... my heart and sympathy go out to your and your family.
DL

Cindylew said...

Heather, I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Christine said...

Oh Heather, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a tragedy. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Maria said...

You'll be in my prayers, Heather! So sorry for your loss.

Island Bandit said...

praying for you and your family in such a sad time.

Amanda Kiska said...

So sorry, sweetie. That is heartbreaking.

Something About Kellie said...

My thoughts are with you and your family in this very sad and tragic time. I am sorry for your loss.

Jacquie said...

Oh Heather, my heart is breaking for you and your family right now. I also had a tradgedy this year in May when my dad and brother-in-law were killed in a motorcycle accident. There is nothing I can say to you to take your pain away at the loss of your brother but know that we are all here for you honey.

Meg said...

Many thoughts and prayers to you Heather....My heart breaks for you all. ((HUGS))

Shane G. said...

Heather, I cannot begin to imagine the pain you are feeling right now. Please know that while we do not know each other, I will have you in my thoughts and will pray that God comforts you and give you peace after such a great loss. I think it is a good thing that you turn your feelings into new found wood for the fire to fight obesity. Your brothers story is exactly why I started my journey, I didn't want to be the guy who left my family behind in a similar fashion. If there is anything I can do, I will be right here, you just let me know. My e mail is jsg14342@cox.net if you need to talk to someone, please feel free to email me. I know sometimes it is easier to get things off your chest to a stranger, so please feel free.

Read said...

Oh Heather, I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep your family in my thoughts and payers.

Susan said...

So sorry that you are going through this and my thoughts are with you.

Post a Comment