Original Goal... I did it!



I hit goal once... I CAN do it again!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thank you!

I have been absolutely astounded by the outpouring of love and condolences that I have received from my blogger family!  Thank you so much.  I have appreciated every word. 

My family and I have been working through the pain.  Rather than a funeral we had a celebration of his life!  There were a lot of laughs and not so many tears.  Of course, I have had my share of tears.  My husband who has had a hard time showing his emotions sometimes has been absolutely amazing.  He hasn't left my side. 

I think that things will be up and down for a bit.  Especially, since my brother was the only member of my family who lived near me. 

On another note, although this isn't the best way for this to happen, I have lost 5 lbs this week!  I really didn't think that I would make it to my holiday goal of 150.  I had given up on that.  I am sitting now at 153 so it is really possible! 

15 comments:

Rachel said...

Heather, I'm glad you posted and told us how you are doing. And again, I'm happy you have your husband...he seems like a gem. Also it is wonderful that you could honor your brother with laughter and celebration. Take care of yourself.

Amanda Kiska said...

{{{HUGS}}}

Jacquie said...

You have been on my mind all day. {{{HUGS}}}

Rhonda said...

I'm so glad you all found a way to celebrate Bill's life instead of just mourning, that takes a really strong family and it sounds like you guys are sticking together really well. <3

Congrats on the weight loss, it may or may not ring hollow after all you've been through the last few weeks of this year, but just know you're an inspiration to us all! :)

Island Bandit said...

what a lovely way to remember him. continue to let us know how you're doing. this isn't an easy time of year to deal with the sudden death of a loved one, but make sure to lean on those around you as it sounds like you are blessed with a super support system

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are doing alright. Husbands are the greatest!

Barbara said...

Heather.. I just found your blog.. I am so so so very sorry for your loss.. I have found that the blog world friends will always be there to support and help you through in any way words can.. my thoughts and prayers are with you.. Hugs..

Linda said...

I'm glad to hear you are able to celebrate his life. We're here for you...

TnT said...

*hugs*

nothing said...

I am sorry for your loss! I am thinking of you

~Lisa~ said...

What a beautiful way to remember your brothers life.. I am so sorry for your loss..

(((hugggsss)))

workinprogress said...

I've been AWOL for a while and I had no idea. I am so sorry......

There are no words.

Lynda said...

I am so sorry for your loss--I just can't imagine. Much love to you and your family during this time. Remember to be gentile with yourself.

Christine said...

Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I'm thinking about you. HUGGS!!!

LDswims said...

(((((HUGS)))))

Post a Comment