Thank you to The Cable-Tied Dragonfly for this award! I have always loved that name. You'll see why in a minute.
The rules of this award are to tell 7 things about yourself then thank the blogger who gave it to you. You need to pass the award on to other deserving bloggers.
Ok 7 things about me...
1. Like I said in the beginning, I have always loved the name of the Cable-Tied dragonfly. This is because I have this fascination with cable ties. I fix lots of things with them, and even have them in my desk at work. This was very helpful on one occasion when I fixed the office toilet with one. That fix is still in use over a year later! When people ask me to describe my band I tell them that it is like a cable tie on the top of my stomach. Anyone who knows me really well just laughs a bit at the irony.
2. I am not an over motherly person. I hate this about myself, but can't seem to change it. Thank goodness my husband picks up the slack. I couldn't imagine wanting to me a stay at home mom. That unfortunately is my version of hell.
3. I am addicted to sets. I obsess over things if there are more pieces of a set that I don't have. It is a sick habit especially because I don't need most of the things. It was really bad with baby things. I would worry if I didn't have everything that matched. I mean EVERYTHING that was made to match. Very expensive.
4. My husband and I have been married twice. We took a 3 year break from our marriage. We are much better off this time. We were married for 9.5 years the first time and 3.5 this time.
5. I am going to be a grandma this year. I insist that I must be called MiMi as I am 35 and still not sure I can deal with the grandma thing. I am excited and scared for my step-son though. He has no clue what he is getting into!
6. I don't think I was was ever happy in my life until recently. I feel like I missed so many years! I finally have been able to accept all that life has given me and use it all to my best advantage! This is a wonderful feeling.
7. Teenage boys are GROSS! Just a thought, not so much about me but my 15 yo son never ceases to amaze me in this aspect.
On to the nominations.
Thanks again to The Cable-Tied Dragonfly for this honor! It always amazes me that my ramblings actually help some people.