Original Goal... I did it!



I hit goal once... I CAN do it again!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

It has been a busy week

I haven't been around at all this week, so I thought that would give a quick update.  This past week was our town's festival.  Can you guess what we celebrate based on my daughter's picture from the parade yesterday?


Our town in small, less than 10,000 people.  The whole town comes out for the festival that lasts for a week.  Eating at the fair with a band is interesting to say the least.  I managed to make it through only getting stuck once, but no pb. My husband thought that I might need to help him at the pie eating contest.  I told him that unless he wanted to see a whole lot of slime on stage, that probably wasn't a good idea.  
Look at these big guys!  My husband is on the right.  They were beat in the pie eating contest by some skinny teachers!


My son (farthest left) had to join in on the pie eating activites also!
The parade in our town is such a big deal (2 1/2 hours).  People in town start setting up their chairs on Wednesday for Saturday's parade.  People always set up  their chairs in the same place year after year.  We had a great time! My oldest son worked on many projects for his Key club group.   Back to normalcy for us this week.  I leave you with another picture of my daughter.  Doesn't this picture just look like Americana?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like fun and food was enjoyed by all! Your daughter is so cute in her outfit!

Jen said...

What fun!! I love small town festivals so much, I try to catch a few in the towns around here every year. :D

Your daughter looks adorable, love her outfit!

Michelle said...

Sounds like you had a good time. I love the fair!

Post a Comment