Original Goal... I did it!



I hit goal once... I CAN do it again!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thousand Word Thursday


This is a crossstitched picture that my grandmother stitched.  She was amazing with a cross stich needle.  This is about 2 feet square.  My mother and I have several of these since she has passed.  The funny thing over all is that we treasure these, but we both didn't like her much.  She was my father's mother.  I feel that I am very like her and that scares me alot.  One trait that I get from her is that I must have the ENTIRE set of everything that comes in a set.  I obsess about it.  I don't even need half of the crap, but I must have it.  Sad isn't it?

5 comments:

Liz said...

Haha, I'm like that too! Must have complete sets!!!

Sandy said...

You should try Cross-Stitch. I love it and want to get back to it. My next project will be a Bride for my daughter if she ever gets married. If not I'll make it for me. It keeps the hands busy and out of the cookie jar. And it is really, really easy. Really.

I have a few things of my mom's and didn't like her much either. But she is family and sometimes it is the memories we have to keep alive.

Pamela E. Williams said...

That's one of the prettiest Cross-Stitch pieces I have seen. I mostly see dogs and other animals.

Bonnie said...

I never had the patience for cross-stitch. It must have taken a lot of time. Maybe you treasure them because one of the positive things about your grandmother is should could create such beautiful things.

Michelle said...

My mom used to cross-stitch. Very pretty.

Post a Comment