Original Goal... I did it!



I hit goal once... I CAN do it again!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Portion sizes

I guess since I haven't been around in a week, this is going to be a two post day.  I have been having a lot of thoughts lately about portion sizes.  My particular portion sizes are probably bigger than they need to be.  I still don't have great restriction.  I do however realize over and over, how much less I eat now. 

As I posted earlier,  I spent the week at the fair.  Last year, I would have easily had a sandwich, a plate of ribbon fries with cheese, a lemon shake-up and then be looking for more.  I would do this a couple of times throuought the week.  This year, I got a philly cheese steak with a fork.  I ate approximately 1/3 of the meat and was stuffed.  I also took water bottles with me.  I didn't want to drink the sugar water.  This really amazed me.

In the fall and winter, I cook a big pot of soup on  Sunday's.  Every Sunday.  We have a warming element on our stove that keeps soup at the perfect temperature all day.  So I cook early, and don't have to worry about anything the rest of the day.  This was the first week of the year that I cooked soup.  Southwestern bean was on the menu.  Last year, I would eat several large bowls of soup throughout the day.   It was there and available.  Today, I didn't even fill my bowl.  I am really full.  I might go back for more at dinner. 

What the difference a year makes!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm still struggling with restriction too, but I definitely don't eat as much as I used to either. I know that lack of exercise is a big issue that I plan on addressing soon.

Marie said...

I love soup! What is the warming element on your stove?

Restriction and getting to your sweet spot is tough.

Christine said...

I love soup too! You'll have to post some of your favorite soup recipes, if you don't mind. I'm always looking for good soup recipes! :-)
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net

Michelle said...

It is amazing how so much of our lives revole around food.

Post a Comment