Original Goal... I did it!



I hit goal once... I CAN do it again!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pre-Op Visit

I had my pre-op appointment today with both my surgeon and the hospital.  I started at the hospital.  I got to visit the vampires, the anesteologist, get a chest x-ray, and and EKG.  I have to say that I absolutely love the hospital I am going to be going to!  I actually felt compelled to go and make a compliment to the head of the hospital.  I sat in the waiting room for a bit and every nurse who walked by had a smile on their face and spoke to me.  It would seem that everyone there was happy with their job.  When I was registering, the admissions lady was telling me that she had a lap band last year.  She showed me her scars and where her port was.  She was very excited that they were going to start having the surgeries at this hospital. 

I went to the surgeon next.  He is awesome.  He set all my fears aside.  He will be reusing my gall bladder scar.  He showed me where he will be putting the port and such.  I told him that I was really still on the fence about which band.  He said that he doesn't prefer either band over the other.  He did however say that sometimes when he gets in, he thinks that the other band would work with this certain persons anatomy better.  He said that if I would like to wait and let him see and then he puts the one he feels will fit me better I could do that.  I love that idea. 

I am getting excited.  I started pre-op diet today.  It is a partial liquid (only dinner).  I didn't do too bad today.  I stayed pretty full all day, and head hunger didn't hit me.   I am sure it will later in the week.

Congratulations to the band recipients this week! 

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Another step closer!

workinprogress said...

You're soooo close now :-)

kagead said...

So exciting!!! I'm just a couple steps behind you, but time is flying. :)

MandaPanda said...

I'm so excited for you!! Sounds like you've got a great doc and hospital.

Amanda Kiska said...

You are almost there!

I can do this.....finally said...

Getting so close! I'm excited for you!

TnT said...

Awesome that he can use your gall bladder scars! I'm hoping mine will too! My tummy is already polka-dotted by those scars, I don't need any more!!

Your doctor sounds great! Keep up the great work! You're almost there!!

Post a Comment